Sunday, January 4, 2009

I am a blogging fool

So yeah. It's 2009. It always seems like I'm never as reflective about this time of year as others are. New Year, new start and all that. I think it's because I teach that I'm always so much more introspective in September, since that's when my new year starts. But, reflecting on 2008, I guess I'm pleased with the year. It seems like it didn't take very long, but here I am 365 days later and it only seems like this much time has passed by how many projects I've knit. I finished the Origami Cardi and I think it turned out pretty well. I wore it to my husband's Family Christmas and several people asked if I'd made it myself. I'm never sure how to take that--is it a compliment? Is it condescending? I think the compliments were all meant with sincerity, and it makes me feel really good to mark the end of my year with such a successful project. Pictures to come...

I wonder what I'll be knitting this year. I've marked so much with this year's projects. My wonderful friend came back to Minnesota after being gone far too long in New York and I knit a sweater for her baby daughter, who I've gotten to watch grow so big this year, I can hardly believe it. I got to knit for my wonderful friend Val, whose baby is so cute it's impossible to make anything for him that will make him look any cuter...even if he is suspicious of me. I knit my first sock all by myself. I knit to mark my Dad's 60th birthday, when I so clearly remember the surprise party we had for his 40th. I knit for graduations, other birthdays, summer, winter...it was quite a prolific year. I also knit the very first thing I've ever made for myself.

Here's to 2009--I hope it's a cashmere kind of year for everyone, especially the two of you who read my blog. :)

1 comment:

Valkryie Knit This said...

AWw.... :) Thanks!

You too! I think we all deserve the best this year.